View Single Post
Old January 19, 2011, 09:54 PM   #3
Hellgate

Meatsaw,
I have one of those Hartford Models. Mine is by ASM (Armi San Marco). If your is an ASM, it takes the 12X28 nipple threads. If a Pietta then it takes the 6X.75 nipple threads. The replacement nipples I put in mine were for the Ruger Old Army which also has the 12X28 thread on the nipples.

You said:
"Also would you advise completely breaking down the revolver (including the frame, grip, and trigger assemblies) and cleaning it after every outing? Or just the barrel, cylinder, and frame with occasional complete clean?"
Answer: Clean frame, barrel & cylinder and then give the innards an annual bath. I have a '61Navy that I could not get apart for YEARS so all I could do was knock it apart and clean the 3 big parts. So I sprayed WD-40 down into the frame, up behind the trigger, etc. After about 5 years and finally getting a house with a shop vise I got the danged trigger spring screw out and lo & behold the entire inside was full of a black mush, a few cap fragments and NO RUST whatsoever! Since then, I don't get excited about cleaning all the internals unless there's a problem.

With a minimum of jiggling I can get the LEE 200gr conical into my 1860 ASM (no can do with a Pietta). With 20-25grs FFFg it is an extremely accurate load.
SASS#3302 (Life), SASS Regulator, NRA (Life), Dirty Gamey Bastards #129
Wolverton Mtn. Peacekeepers (WA), former Orygun Cowboy (Ranger, Posse from Hell)

Page generated in 0.02276 seconds with 8 queries