View Single Post
Old April 12, 2013, 06:47 PM   #9
jpcmt

Having conceal carried a G21sf, G36, G17, G19, G26, and a G27, I believe the G19 commands the most praise for it's balance. Sure it's great to go smaller and there's no less accuracy from a g26 to a g19 to a g17 if you have modest training.

But if you look at the poll in this forum, its looking like the midsize is king.

Having said that, I do believe the pocket gun craze we've had over the last 5 years is proving to be a disappointment. Sure everyone's picking up one after convincing themselves they need it smaller, lighter, and more concealable. But in my experience as a trainer and a gun forum junky all over the place, folks aren't spending time on the range with those dumb little guns because they're hard to hold onto, they offer no range fun or accuracy..it's just a necessary evil that gets put into that purse or rug or pocket holster and forgotten. And the gun that doesn't get training time ("because it hurts to shoot" says my mom and other women trying to hold onto that 9mm keltec or ruger), creates more liability than asset.

Page generated in 0.03537 seconds with 8 queries