View Single Post
Old February 7, 2012, 02:23 PM   #7
Spats McGee
Staff

As for leaving the feds out of it, that horse has already left the barn. Right, wrong or indifferent, the feds are already in it. The question, then, is whether this makes their involvement better or worse.

As for the EPA, if I remember correctly (never, ever, ever guaranteed), there was a push to have them ban lead bullets a while back under some toxic chemicals law. Someone decided that they didn't have the authority to to do that.

I'm woefully short on extra time right now, but I'll see if I can find a little time to do the legal gymnastics to figure out exactly how this thing is going to work. Given that there hasn't been any activity on it since June 2011, I have a hunch that it may die in committee. If anyone has news to the contrary, I'd love to hear about it.

Edit: Turns out it was another group that petitioned the EPA to ban lead ammo. That petition was denied. Here's the NRA blurb on it: http://www.nraila.org/hunting/issues...spx?s=&st=&ps=

Page generated in 0.03368 seconds with 8 queries