View Single Post
Old November 14, 2008, 10:32 PM   #1
gak

Low dollar O/U 16 ga ideas?

Have been on other TFL forums for awhile, but am new to the Shotgun chapter here. Thinking of getting a "nice" O/U 16. My definition of nice is nicely finished and reliable (single trigger) but "affordable."

I like the (seemingly stellar) value of Remington/Spartan and its other-brand siblings--and find nothing wrong with their pedestrian (to some) manuacturing locales/heritage in terms of mechanical quality. It's just too plain/cheap wood and overall presentation for me--at least the ones I've happened across. While you don't sense you're holding junk, neither are you fooled into thinking -- for very long -- that you've spent that much more than you did. Don't get me wrong, I don't need (or necessarily want) fancy or flourishment (and certainly can't afford much of that anyway)--just something a little more special.

I also admit to wanting my cake and.... regarding price in a similar range -- let's say at least sub-$1,000. Obviously I more than likely am talking used here--and that's more than fine with me--maybe even preferred. I can always appreciate something with a bit of use-history...as long as it isn't abuse-history. I also value elegance and "slimness" - which go hand-in-hand to me, and which a lot of the guns I've looked at lack.

AND, I lean (more) toward blue'd/dark receivers vs the "silver" treatment--though am not entirely averse to the latter if it's the right package overall. Any ideas?

Page generated in 0.03496 seconds with 8 queries