View Single Post
Old December 10, 2006, 12:00 AM   #22
chemist308

This year (early muzzleloader) I learned that it in the summer deer live in the woods. During deer season they go nocturnal and live in my yard. They also sleep on my neighbor's sandmound and show no concern whatsoever when I walk toward them. In the woods it's a different story.

Oh and Bugs,
Quote:
my deer was ok size, 160lbs +/- we get back 43lbs of meat dont seem to be worth killing an animal for that, at least in my mind it dont besides the labor, cost of butchering it & fuel to the butcher both times, so i wonder why people shoot doe, no trophy, no challenge, very little meat, what is the point in it for the adult hunter? i dont want to insult those here that do bag a doe just my insight on it & everyone is entitled to their thoughts.
You really need to be butchering yourself. Sounds like that butcher is not bothering to get all the cuts off. It's not hard to do yourself as I recently found out. And you can use a sawsall with a metal or a metal/wood blade where you're supposed to use a meat saw. And don't forget to save the liver and if possible the heart when you field dress.

Page generated in 0.03150 seconds with 8 queries