View Single Post
Old June 14, 2001, 02:33 PM   #1
Redneck2

Maximum accuracy

Had a "hole" in my collection between the .22-250 and .300 Win Mag. Had been thinking about some type of custom rifle for years but never got all the money and time together. Last week I walk into the local shop and they're having a blowout sale. Custom .25-06 with a beautiful Fajen stock, McGowen barrel (which looks perfect inside), and the very best 50mm 3x12 AO Burris scope, all for $495. The rifle is now in my safe.

My question is; How do I go about getting max accuracy in a logical sequence and shortest time. This will be my "heavy varmint" rifle. Don't have dies yet. Any thoughts? I was thinking maybe Redding Competition.

Do you check throats to establish seating depth or is there something else that would help more? I have a Sinclair neck turning tool and will use it. I also uniform the primer pockets and flash holes. I will use Norma brass if I can get it.

There are about 17 million powder and bullet combinations. How do you at least pick a powder to start with? (I have Hornady and Lyman manuals).

Finally, since this is a custom chamber, is there anything that I should be aware of as compared to a factory rifle? Thanks in advance.

Page generated in 0.02227 seconds with 8 queries