View Single Post
Old April 16, 2013, 10:53 AM   #142
rc

I think the big problem with "background checks" is that the [government] will try to link a registry system to this. This will help with future confiscation efforts. I don't think anybody has any doubts as to the ultimate goal of many in our society that is to use incidence of violence to push a political agenda. Did we outlaw the new ford V8 because it was a preferred ganster vehicle that would outrun the police? Uh, no. Do we outlaw driving because of car accidents or sports cas because they are often used wrecklessly? Uh, no!

We are now seeing an abuse of privacy in the health care system to look for individuals who may have taken a drug for a psycological diisorder like depression and using that as an excuse to confiscate guns from anyone living in the same household. Privacy and private property rights are ignored in a witch hunt to blame all gun owners for violence in America.

Here is my take on the currenty frenzy. We are seeing McCarthy era politics in America. American's through history have wanted to blame some group for the ills of the country.....So this is a human reaction to trajedy. The thing is we see after the fact how wrong it was to inturn Japanese American's....Blaming guns for crime and labeling gun owners as criminals is no less misguided...

If we could put a system in place that allows people who have never been involved in violent crime to obtain firearms without registration and without abuse of the system by prohibitting people who have never been convicted of a crime or ajudicated as a danger to the public then maybe background checks can gain some traxction. Until then it will be controversial becausee it is so ripe for abuse in the current political climate.

Last edited by Evan Thomas; April 16, 2013 at 11:01 AM. Reason: we don't do party politics or Nazi comparisons.

Page generated in 0.02493 seconds with 8 queries