View Single Post
Old September 2, 2009, 09:10 PM   #14
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
You can have a bag full of FA fire control group parts for an M16 , a drilling jig for the sear hole at your house , better not have an AR or its Buh Bye . 5 in the Big house
Yep. I know first-hand of one such conviction.

A guy had one of those "pre-86 auto sears" they used to advertise in the back of the Shotgun News. Apparently, he'd drop it in when shooting with his friends, then take it out when they left the range.

Thing is, Joe Bob had a ritual he practiced with his wife every Friday night that involved alcohol abuse and drama. Police got tired of being called out to his home on such a regular basis, and on one visit, a responding officer noticed several partially-disassembled rifles in the living room.

Given that he was dealing with that magical combination of booze, testosterone and anger, the officer began to secure the weapons. The officer noticed that there were more internals than there were receivers, and he inquired, to which Joe Bob said, "well, as long as I take that thing [the auto sear] out, it's legal."

Nope. Sorry. Thanks for playing.

Joe Bob's defense attorney was a shooting partner, and this was my first glimpse into What the Hughes Amendment Hath Wrought.

Page generated in 0.03789 seconds with 8 queries