Thread: Bench layout?
View Single Post
Old October 9, 2000, 11:46 AM   #3
Dimitri

Head to your local lumber yard and spring for a 2 X 12. Cut this into lengths, 3 foot should be about right, and mount your press, measures, etc. to the plank. Then clamp your plank in your workbench.

This way you're not committed to a setup. You can always unbolt from the plank and move stuff, even fill the holes if you're so inclined. And you still have the WorkMate available when the wife needs shelves . . .

I mount my case trimmer on a block of 2 X 4 and clamp in the wood vise on the bench. Same thing with my RCBS standing primer tool.

I work left to right, right handed, and I place bullets in the neck with my left hand.

Single stage press, I have two . . . Far left is set up for belling, then the Uniflow powder measure, then the seating press. I provide ample room for clearance between the powder measure and the seating press. The first "belling" press is on the left so nothing in the way on its left side.

The Uniflow measure comes off its flat bracket when I'm using the press on the left for depriming.

-- You'll work out your own system. But work it out on a cheap plank and leave the WorkMate intact.

Head to Target and purchase a couple of those folding, wood, "beach tables" that set up about chair height. This lets you set out your components on a table that's not part of your working area. You're going to need more bench area than the WorkMate will provide.

Stack up RubberMaid bins are decent for storing the gear. With the lid on it, the bin makes a decent small work table.

You can remove the plank from the WorkMate and stow it standing on it's side in the closet along with the bins, folding tables, WorkMate, etc.

Apartment living *does* suck . . . right?

[This message has been edited by Dimitri (edited October 09, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.03640 seconds with 8 queries