View Single Post
Old July 19, 2010, 06:21 PM   #5
Hunter Customs

In the last American Handgunner World Shootoffs I competed in I shot a little over 2300 rounds in four days of some of the most extreme weather you can shoot in.
This event was held in the high desert country of Montrose Colorado, blowing dirt and grit of all types along with high heat was the norm; it definitely puts the shooter and his equipment to the test.
The tight fit custom long slide 1911 I shot in that match was never cleaned for the entire match, but it was well lubed.
The gun was lubed the same as I do all my 1911's, I used Outers graphite grease on the slide and frame rails and light machine oil on the barrel, guide rod, and stripper rail of the slide.
I never applied any new grease to the rails however I did on occassion apply another coat of light machine oil to the barrel and guide rod.
As I stated above I went through a little over 2300 rounds and the gun never bobbled one time, it ran flawlessly.
I think the first time I used Outers graphite grease on 1911 rails was around 1970, after seeing how well it worked I've used it ever since.
I have tried some different wonder lubes to see how well they work but I still have not found any I like as well as the Outers lube.
Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

Page generated in 0.02023 seconds with 8 queries