View Single Post
Old February 5, 2009, 06:03 PM   #45
Glenn E. Meyer

No one suggested turning your back on a person. My point is that two in the chest and in the head (unless you have X ray vision) don't guarantee death as some posters usually suggest. Folks say in many threads that if the BG is in their house, they will be dead.

However, I've heard enough lectures to know that there is no gurantee that your shots will be lethal. If they are not immediately lethal - modern medicine saves most gun shot victims.

As for the tactical issue - one would continue to be oriented towards the downed person. If you live with someone - tell them to call for help. If you live alone, you might have a problem but what are your options:

1. Try to get to a phone with the BG in sight
2. Since the BG is incapacitated for the moment - remove yourself at speed to a safe distance or room to get help.
3. Finish him off and face murder charges as I don't think any castle or self-defense doctrine will support a finishing shot - yeah, you can lie and hope you don't get CSI'ed.

So, I was just objecting to the throw away - they will be dead in my house as I am the dead eyed lethal shot meister.

As far as holding them - if they want to leave - fine with me. Call the law and up the firepower and hunker down waiting for help.

While you might defend yourself on shooting a fleeing felon, you might not. And it will cost you a fortune. The idea that a fleeing felon will come back for revenge needs to be proven empirically. It might happen with stalkers or if you are in some gang mess. I don't see reports that pure B&E guys do that.

Page generated in 0.02211 seconds with 8 queries