View Single Post
Old November 3, 2013, 09:47 AM   #16
WVsig

Quote:
As for buying used, yes! SIGs last a long time, and with the initial cost most owners take decent care of them. As one caveat to what WVsig said, older P228s are starting to dry up a bit. They can still be found easy, but the Swiss police trade in models that had great prices are mostly gone now. I was able to find my P228 for $600 and was pretty happy for that (it also came with 3 Mec-Gar mags and the original case and manual).
I agree that the flood of Swiss guns from FFLs are gone but there are tons of P228s out there. They can be found for the right price if you look around have a good transfer dealer and have cash to pay the moment you see one. The Swiss guns are the most recent flood of cheap used Sigs. There was a time CDNN had thousands upon thousands being sold for $400. CDNN was mentioned so often on the Sig forum it became known as the "company who shall not be named". LOL

All I am saying is that no matter what gun it is no matter what the market is you can buy guns a lot less than retail by buying used from some FFLs but especially private sellers.

Page generated in 0.03123 seconds with 8 queries