View Single Post
Old November 3, 2013, 09:13 AM   #13
WVsig

I do not own a P229 anyone but I do own 2 P228s. They are very easy to carry in a proper holster on a proper belt. I carry my in a Milt Sparks VMII. It was my primary carry gun for years.

* Not my pic but used for illustration

The CZ vs the P229 is a fair comparison and back when new CZs were $400 and Sigs were $700 the CZ was hands down the better value. These days the gap has narrow a bit. The CZ will not have the same level of fit and finish but IMHO as working tool the two guns are on par with each other.

You can convert any current production P229 to a SRT. It is a few parts and a if you know how to detail strip the gun you can remove and replace the parts yourself. SRT vs not SRT is a preference IMHO. If you cut your teeth on classic P series guns it is unnecessary. If however you learned to shoot on guns with a shorter reset like Glocks or Gen 3 S&Ws the SRT might be preferred. I personally see no need I shoot the classic Sig trigger just fine and can transition between it, a Glock or a 1911 without issue.

I agree 100% that buying used is the was to go. New CZs are running close to $600 and new Sigs are close to $800. They can be found used for under $500 and under $600 respectively.

For example this is a sub $550 used Sigs.

Here is also a pic of my CZ P01 which actually replaced the Sig as a primary carry gun.

Last edited by WVsig; November 3, 2013 at 09:24 AM.

Page generated in 0.03044 seconds with 8 queries