View Single Post
Old August 20, 2009, 10:37 PM   #9
BillCA

Without going far afield here (and hijacking the thread) the author did a good job of research for his book. Alas, I gave it to someone else ... I think the name was similar to "The Doppleganger Gambit" (but wasn't the sci-fi story from the 60's).

The DNA evidence was hair found on the trousers of the deceased. Police, being sure that DNA at the scene and denial by suspects equals guilt, pursue the twin brothers looking for anything they can. It's a nightmare of survelliance, harrassment "interviews" and invasion of privacy. Both twins had met the victim, but were not "chummy". Turns out that one of the twins let the victim "test drive" his new convertible the same day he received a haircut. Thus, hair on the trousers. But it was done to show how DNA=Guilt in the minds of a lot of cops and DA's.

Who actually dunnit? I'm not giving that away. It'd spoil the whole story.

I thought how this might affect someone if their hair or skin samples were found, say, in the trunk of a victim's car where they'd been stuffed. Hair that fell off while being nice and helping someone put something in the trunk. Or hairs that are blown into the victim's range-bag and are found on the gun or his hand later.

Page generated in 0.02342 seconds with 8 queries