View Single Post
Old March 10, 2000, 10:06 PM   #3
slymule

Eric, I'll add to the list. Hunting 3rd season you WILL have snow unless it's a very unusual season. Also, if born on or after Jan.1,1949 - you must have a hunter safety card. You'll need it to buy your license and be required to carry it with you along with your license. For clothes - flourescent orange vest and hat, gaiters or waterproof pants (I use goretex). One box of baby wipes (very handy), a lg. bottle of aspirin (you WILL get a headache daily if walking any amount), a bottle of Kaopectate or equivalent (better safe than sorry!), 2 qt. water container (you'll dehydrate quickly if you drink any less), a compass, small flashlight w/alot of extra batteries and bulb, several lighters or waterproof matches, layered clothing to stay warm (don't forget the longhandles), good gloves, and the normal stuff (gun, shells, knife, toothbrush, etc). It will be cold, it will snow, you may spend the night in the woods - pack accordingly. I like a fanny pack to carry with me during the day, some people prefer a backpack. You'll want to be able to shed or add clothes during the day or you'll be miserable - thats why some type of fanny pack or backpack. Expect temperatures to vary 20-50 degrees during the course of a day.

Page generated in 0.03326 seconds with 8 queries