View Single Post
Old April 24, 2009, 11:30 PM   #16
gmatov

If it is a replica, be wary of how you load it. I built one from a kit, many years ago, for a guy who was the boss of a shop I worked at for a few years.

Parts were soft. Frizzen would not make a spark from the flint. "I won't buy a gun that doesn't shoot." Took the lockwork parts to my main job and had them heat treated. Sparked real well.

HAD to go shoot it to prove it to him. "How'n the hell do you load this?" He says, "Flatten your palm, put a ball on it, pour powder till the ball is covered." Hokay, first shot with a string. I don't know what the barrel is made of. Goes off okay.

NOW, my turn. Load again. Same load. That sucker twisted itself out of my hand and that big assed screw on the hammer took a chunk out of my knuckle, wound up on the ground.

HIS turn to shoot, he CUPS his palm, covers the ball, and it goes "POP". He payed for it. 1/3 the charge he said it should take. I proofed the damned thing for him.

Innyhoo, have it checked to see if a real one, if not, enjoy it. I don't know how you enjoy something like that. Loaded, they kick like hell.

Cheers,

George

Page generated in 0.02680 seconds with 8 queries