View Single Post
Old October 1, 2007, 05:15 PM   #1
tINY

Howa / BC bedding

Once I releived a lot of the barrel channel, I decided that the Medalist Bell and Carlson stock had the aluminum chassis installed at a slight decline. I guess the Butler Creek stock wasn't so bad as to warrant this much work, but I already modified the "Special deal" from Midway... So, I did what I was hoping to avoid: bedding the 300 win action into the stock.

I used the metal on metal contact at the rear to set the height in the back and wrapped tape around the barrel until the ejection port lined up with the cut-out in the stock.

The only way I figured I could deal with the front action screw was to bed the thing and drill out the epoxy afterwards....

She's seems to be shooting alright now, though I only had time to put a few rounds down at 50 yards after eyeball bore sighting the new scope. The holes were touching firing from front and rear bags.

The Forend flexes abit more than I like, but with that extra barrel relief from before, I think it won't bear against the barrel.

Before I put her thought her paces before Elk season, is there anything I've missed?

-tINY

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Howa 2 stocks.jpg (157.5 KB, 746 views)
File Type: jpg Howa stock comp.jpg (112.4 KB, 714 views)
File Type: jpg Howa ready.jpg (138.0 KB, 718 views)

Page generated in 0.03988 seconds with 9 queries