View Single Post
Old June 8, 2012, 02:16 PM   #19
armoredman

I've worn armor for years, let me remind everyone here of something - the panels are 95% likely to be removable, and if you don't like the DayGlo carrier you are issued, (assuming you have that option), use a concealable one. I wore armor every time I went to Dept range, as there were some very incompetent shooters there - must be the same guys Jammer saw.
I don't wear armor to the civilian range - it's a little hot for a vest and it makes using a front rest off the bench difficult. I could, but I make the deliberate choice not to.
If you've never worn body armor before, here's lesson number one - IT'S HOT!!! Get used to pulling the top out and back over your chest to get some airflow. Look into the ribbed t-shirts to help stand it off your skin to get air movement. I wore vests for 8.5 years of armored trucking, too.
Quote:
I teach them not to be anywhere that body armor is needed.
I'd prefer to not be anywhere I'll ever need my sidearm, either, but since Trouble doesn't phone ahead, I won't know before it arrives. Heck, Safariland makes vests for EMT and firefighters now, too. I have armor if I want to wear it, but I make the conscious decision not to for comforts sake, not that I don't think it might save my life. Not just from bullets, either - look at the Book of Saves to see how many LE were saved in vehicle accidents by their body armor. I make the compromises for my life with safety and comfort, (carry sidearm, don't wear armor on a regular basis), but if someone wants to wear armor, I certainly won't give them grief about it.

Page generated in 0.03436 seconds with 8 queries