View Single Post
Old March 4, 2009, 12:29 AM   #18
IZinterrogator

Leedavisone, I'm glad you feel safe due to our gun laws. Unfortunately for me, when the government is the one keeping me safe, I feel anything but. The government has no duty to keep you safe. They don't do a very good job of it. Just look at Virginia Tech. The government banned guns on campus and then let all of those professors and students down. The government's laws were supposed to keep them safe, yet those victims spent that evening in a morgue. They could have defended themselves if the government had not restricted their right to keep and bear arms, but it happened in the name of public safety. Banning when you can use your arms is the same as denying you the right to own them. This country is built on liberty, and liberty isn't safe. It's the freedom to make the choices you need to make in order to succeed and survive. It's also the freedom to choose not do anything to protect you and your family from harm except rely on others. I just hope for your sake you make the right choice when it counts, to include the proper type of firearm for the situation at hand and choosing to stay where they are close at hand in your home at all times.

(Seriously, nobody remembered gun-free school zones? Come on, people.)
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams

Last edited by IZinterrogator; March 4, 2009 at 12:36 AM.

Page generated in 0.02733 seconds with 8 queries