View Single Post
Old September 13, 2012, 11:00 AM   #7
snuffy

forstonc there's something that you and the others that tried to answer don't understand about how sabot slug loads work. In order to impart spin,(cause to spin), on the conical 44 bullet, the sabot has to have a death grip on the bullet. That is achieved by making the sabot BIGGER than the inside diameter of the RIFLED barrel. Then when the sabot takes,(is engraved ), by the rifling, it starts the bullet rotating.

If the sabot just slips down the barrel, the 44 bullet would tumble and be wildly inaccurate.

Most slug loads are roll crimped. You MAY be able to star crimp those, but be darn sure they're clearly identified as slug loads. Also, if you're using the powder bushing bar to dispense powder, make sure you weigh the powder dispensed. The MEC bushings always throw lighter charges than what the info sheet says they do.

If you run into any other obstacles, I started reloading shotgun shells in 1971, have loaded ALL types since then.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02481 seconds with 8 queries