View Single Post
Old December 25, 2010, 11:31 AM   #16
rclark

These are Bear Paw Grips made from Amboyna Burl. I like how they fit my hand. These were special order (just send an e-mail request) as I wanted them a bit over size. That way I could sand them down to fit exactly my grip frame. Came out great. Took it out yesterday . What a joy to shoot! Didn't take long to send 100 bullets down range. Have a 1000 .44Spec cases coming next week with a 1000 bullets too. Should allow me a 'bit' of shooting in the next few weeks.

http://stores.ebay.com/Bearpaw-Ruger-Grip-Store

Quote:
I can see 25k loads in a mid-frame 44Spl. Sure. 30k?
FYI, according to Brian, the Keith load of 17.5g of 2400 pushing the Keith 250 bullet generated 25,000psi in laboratories. "This load has been used from Alaska to Africa on big game..." ... Point is, why push the .44Spec beyond 25K? As I stated above, my .44Spec is going to get a steady diet of Skeeter loads ... for the most part. I will try different powders too for the fun on it (For example, I found 4227 works the best in my Vaquero, so I will try it in the .44Spec as well) , but velocities will be in the 900-1000fps range. All I need.
A clinger and deplorable, MAGA, and life NRA member. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes colloquially referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. That said, the .44Spec is right up their too... but the .45 Colt is still the king.

Last edited by rclark; December 25, 2010 at 11:54 AM.

Page generated in 0.03553 seconds with 8 queries