View Single Post
Old July 28, 2009, 09:43 AM   #8
NavyLT

Yes, the gun rack is legal.

As far as I know, it is also legal to leave the rifles/shotguns in full view when leaving your vehicle because RCW 9.41.050 only covers handguns.

No loaded rifles/shotguns in a vehicle, period, at any time (actually I think there MIGHT be an exception for disabled hunters, but I am not sure on that one).

Dang, I am slipping, now I am posting "I thinks" instead of statutes.

Ha! I was right!

RCW 77.15.460
Loaded firearm in vehicle — Unlawful use or possession — Penalty.

(1) A person is guilty of unlawful possession of a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle if:

(a) The person carries, transports, conveys, possesses, or controls a rifle or shotgun in or on a motor vehicle; and

(b) The rifle or shotgun contains shells or cartridges in the magazine or chamber, or is a muzzle-loading firearm that is loaded and capped or primed.

(2) A person is guilty of unlawful use of a loaded firearm if the person negligently shoots a firearm from, across, or along the maintained portion of a public highway.

(3) Unlawful possession of a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle or unlawful use of a loaded firearm is a misdemeanor.

(4) This section does not apply if the person:

(a) Is a law enforcement officer who is authorized to carry a firearm and is on duty within the officer's respective jurisdiction;

(b) Possesses a disabled hunter's permit as provided by RCW 77.32.237 and complies with all rules of the department concerning hunting by persons with disabilities.

(5) For purposes of this section, a firearm shall not be considered loaded if the detachable clip or magazine is not inserted in or attached to the firearm.

Page generated in 0.03216 seconds with 8 queries