View Single Post
Old July 29, 2014, 10:10 AM   #68
divil

Quote:
We need to stop expecting these people to capitulate, play by the rules or admit defeat. I don't even think they care about losing in court. It doesn't really change anything, it's just part of their tactic to either win, which they'd love, or delay right to carry essentially indefinitely. They really CAN'T "lose". They can only have one law struck down. Since they have an infinite variety of new laws available for the writing, they just write a new one.
Sadly I agree.

Apologies if this is a stupid question...my understanding of the law might be way off here, but if they enact a law to regulate carrying, wouldn't that mean they would lose their "standing" to appeal the ruling? So they have a big decision to make - if they appeal they could have to allow carrying for a long time with no regulation whatsoever, only to probably loose in the end anyway. Therefore they will "accept" the ruling and enact as restrictive a law as possible - just enough to prevent anyone from suing on the basis of a "total prohibition". That way, the new law will be protected at least as long as it takes to bring a whole new case, which will be years.

Page generated in 0.03414 seconds with 8 queries