View Single Post
Old April 5, 2011, 10:37 PM   #16
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
The tax base in Missouri generated by firearms businesses is over $12,000,per year. Medium tier Gateways like Authorize.net know this. They also know that less than a 1% difference in gross revenue can be disastrous for them.
And so when they cut off gun dealers, they knew that they losses would be insignificant, much less than the 1% (assuming your claim of 1% being disasterous is something actually resembling accurate unlike your made up FFL numbers).

Quote:
An anecdotal fact that I recall from a college political science professor several years ago. He described how, in theory, it would be possible to change the outcome of an election simply by persuading your spouse to vote the same as you. Word of mouth advertising can be very powerful.
You are grasping at straws. You have no basis to show where threatening to get FFLs to change will affect the business in any significant manner. You don't even know how many FFLs the company has as clients and as such, you can't possibly know what impact there will be on their business. In theory, your poli sci prof knew what he was taking about. In reality, this sort of theory analogy is pretty meaningless.

Quote:
I don't have a vendetta.
You don't have a vendetta? You are going to do your best to tell everyone you know about how mistreated you feel imply that they will all feel your pain and hence drop the offending company on your made up data say-so, hence doing the company harm, but you don't have a vendetta? Do you know what vendetta means? This certainly sounds like you have become the bitter destructive side of a feud.

Quote:
I will appeal to them as I normally do by sending them an invoice for website redesign
Do website designs usually start of with grandiose misrepresentative public threats?

Quote:
Legal action should never be mentioned during negotiations. In fact it should only be used as a very last resort.
So we have reached the last resort, have we? You have mentioned Constitutional rights infringment (about which you are wrong) and threatened the company with the FTC. Sounds like you have already fully introduced the notion of legal action, especially given you think their could be a class action suit that results.

Since you know so much about the FTC, can you tell me how many times other credit companies have been badgered into submission by this technique successfully that now must take gun dealers as customers? Why hasn't it worked with ebay and Paypal? Citibank? First Data? Bank of America? Compass Bank?

FYI, when you speak for the entire gun community, FFL holders, the NRA, etc., sending empty threats with misrepresentative information to a company with whom you have a beef is pretty damaging to your credibility and looks bad for the rest of us.

FYI, the NRA has already given their best shot at Citibank. They have been for years. Citibank still disallows gun dealers...at least those they know who are gun dealers.

Page generated in 0.04287 seconds with 8 queries