View Single Post
Old December 16, 2009, 03:55 PM   #24
vitesse9

This Helps with the Ammo Capacity Problem

http://www.blackweaponsarmory.com/ma...ed-loader.html

I have one for my stoeger coach gun supreme and I can say they work as advertised. It is quite simple to shoulder the gun with the speedloader attached to the hand supporting the gun's forearm. reloads take about 1.5 seconds with a little practice (never tried it under the stress of life or death situation, however). Is it as fast as racking the slide again for a third and fourth shot? No. But, it's about as fast as you can get with a double. I think doubles are good choices for home defense as long as you are not dealing with 3 or more attackers. It seems like home-invasions involving multiple attackers are getting more common based on my reading of the local news.

However, you have to ask yourself this: if 3 or 4 guys break into your house and you give 2 of them a good course of 00 buck therapy, are the other two going to stick around long enough to test your reload skills? Maybe. In that case, perhaps a 4 shot, 6 shot, or 8 shot repeater would have been a better choice.

I think a coach gun with a handgun for back would be a good choice. Even though I usually keep repeating shotgun in my room, I still have a handgun gun. Why? Any gun can fail. better to grab another gun than to try to clear a jam or whatever. Plus, in a home invasion, I can arm my wife with the handgun if need be.

Page generated in 0.02963 seconds with 8 queries