View Single Post
Old December 19, 2010, 10:51 AM   #8
Joey V.

I have the pedersoli .58 howdah

It shoots anything from conicals balls and shooot. It loves conicals with a ber heavy charge of 70g fffg. It is rated to 80g of ffg but I can't see the 12 barrels burning that much. It is very accurate and I killed a doe at 50 paces with it using a buffalo ballet. I have to patch the ballets to get a tight fit and used plumbers Teflon tape to do it! Worked beutiful 2 inch groups at 50yds. With buck shot it will blow a pumpkin to smitheriens lol. I even tried the old tome buck and ball load for it. Basically putting both buck and then seating a patched ball on it. I did have to put a better front sight on it for accuracy. I used a Lyman front sight the I grinded the dovetail off and drilled a screw hole in it. The current bead on the howdah is a screw in type so not dovetail. The rear sight is adjustable for windage in a real cool way too. Just don't waste the money on the detachable but stock it sucks!!

It is also my understanding (don't just take my word for it that) that any muzzleloader can shoot lead shoot. You load the powder and then put a card wad and then load shot and put another card wad. I have done this before the howdah for small game. The squirels never new what hit em!

Good hunting!

Page generated in 0.02183 seconds with 8 queries