View Single Post
Old June 23, 2013, 10:59 PM   #9
BigJimP

You could drive yourself nuts figuring this out ....especially if its a primer quality issue...because it may come and go.

Seriously, I'd recommend you just get rid of the Nobles and go to Chedite, CCI, Remington 209's or maybe Winchester....and I suspect the problem will go away based on what I'm hearing about the Nobles at my gun club.
--------------
But what's really interesting...besides shotguns, I also reload and shoot about 30,000 rds a yr in my handguns -- and I was down to my last few thousand small pistol primers...and I prefer CCI...

At a big gunshow in my area, I was hoping to find some small pistol primers - and was optomistic prices might be down a little ??? As it turned out on Saturday am, I picked up 5,000 CCI small pistol primers for $45/1,000 when just last month they were $70/1,000 ....and a number of my buddies picked up cases of CCI shotshell and Win shotshell primers(5,000 to a case ).../ I even asked about Rem 1 1/2's for small pistol calibers, in a thread on this forum, because I knew a seller at the show, that had 20,000 of them for $45/1,000 and said she'd make me a deal if I bought the whole lot.

After getting some input on the Rem 1 1/2's being ok, at least in 9mm ...I went back to the show sunday am intending to buy them if they were still there...instead I ended picking up 10,000 more CCI small pistol primers at
$ 45/1,000 from a different table...

then I went to my local handgun range this afternoon for some practice...and the gen mgr for the range, knew I was looking for primers, and his distributor offered him what he describes as "quite a few cases" of CCI shotshell and small and large rifle and pistol primers yesterday ....and he sold me 10,000 more at $ 37.50 / 1,000 this afternoon....

He wants to limit each of us to no more than 2 cases ( 10,000 ) so he can spread the wealth around to more of our handgun range club members....and that's understandable and good business......

So primer supplies in my area are loosening up a little - all of a sudden...
and in the last 2 days I was able to replenish my inventory to meet my needs for the next 12 months at what has become more reasonable prices .....(and I'll share half of them with my shooting buddies that need them as well, for what I paid for them...)..if they run out..../ but maybe you'll get lucky in the next week or so with some primers showing up down there as well.

Page generated in 0.03435 seconds with 8 queries