View Single Post
Old June 9, 2009, 06:36 PM   #21
Crosshair

Quote:
WRONG, guys, it is not BATFE making those rules, it is another bunch of idiots we call Congress. BATFE enforces the laws and is authorized to make certain regulations, but the business of short barrel rifles and shotguns and making pistols out of rifles is IN THE LAW. If you want to change the law, write to your congressman and senators (lotsa luck!), and stop ranting about BATFE.
No, the ATF makes plenty of rules up on it's own. They don't even have standardized testing procedures.

Some stupid rules made BY THE ATF, not congress.
  1. A suppressor that has the serial numbered outer tube damaged cannot simply have the serial number information transferred to a new tube and the damaged original destroyed. (This is sometimes known as the "Gemtax".)

2. Suppressor parts are considered suppressors all by themselves and possession of extra suppressor parts is just as severe as having the whole suppressor. Meaning you can't have spare baffles and you can't have replaceable multi-caliber cores.

To put this into context it would be the equivalent of saying that if you are in possession of an M-16 barrel, you are illegally in possession of a machine gun. On everything else, it is the RECEIVER that is the restricted part. I can buy all the demilled Browning 1919 kits I want no problem, but I can't have a spare blast baffle for my TAC-16.

3. The "Once a machine gun, always a machine gun" rule meaning that guns that can be rendered permanently unable to fire full auto, like M-14s and others, still cannot be sold to civilians. M-16 receivers could be rendered unable to fire full auto as well and sold, but again, the ATF does not allow this even though there is nothing in the law that says they can't.

There are probably others as well.

Page generated in 0.02572 seconds with 8 queries