View Single Post
Old April 26, 2013, 08:32 AM   #9
oldandslow

c-47,

I've had to deal with a few Customer Service departments over the years and the quality varies with the manufacturer.

EAA- cracked slides and frames on two metal framed pistols. I had to pay shipping both ways. They refused to honor their "lifetime" warranty as the parts had been hard-chromed because of a corrosion problem.

Smith Wesson- cracked frame between sear pin and hammer pin causing hammer follow on a used 5906. They said they couldn't repair it and offered to replace it with a new plastic M&P 9mm. I said I'd rather have the 5906 Tig welded if possible but they insisted on the new pistol. That was 6 months ago and several emails ago. I think my pistol is lost in their paperwork pile. They did offer to pay shipping both ways however.

Taurus- broken locking block on a PT-99. They said to mail in the broken part at my expense and they shipped me a new part at their expense- three months later. At least it works well now.

No problems with my other brands- Glock, CZ, Springfield, Sigs, HK's, Berettas, Remington, Howa, Winchester.

good luck- oldandslow

Page generated in 0.02624 seconds with 8 queries