View Single Post
Old February 2, 2010, 09:12 PM   #21
johnwilliamson062

Quote:
That is simply crazy talk. Most of the people in the Army are pro gun.
But, like "trapshooters," my example, when their rights are not threatened they are complacent. This is a statement about human nature not either group specifically.

Quote:
That is your claim? LOL no wonder you took it out of context. He said he doesn't think anyone should need a permit
I just grabbed the first one I read. Lets try another.
Quote:
I am fine with the exemption and wish it were 50 state wide though.
OK, I looked up a real article.

Quote:
From Sept. 30, 2006, to Sept. 30, 2007, the Army granted so-called conduct waivers for felonies and misdemeanors to 18 percent of its new recruits, an increase of three percentage points from the previous year
So that includes misdemeanors also. I did not realize it was necessary to obtain a waiver for any misdemeanor. My bad. I am under the impression the waiver rate is much higher than 20% with almost everyone needing a waiver for something. I don't need one as far as my OSO and I have figured and he was amazed by that fact. Of course, if I don't get to 17 pull ups it isn't going to make a damn bit of difference. Do they offer a pull up waiver?

As far as the officer carrying without ammo. I obtained this knowledge through direct personal contact and it was not known to anyone. He was of a rank almost no one was going to say a thing about it if they did find out. My impression was it was not something he wanted me to know about. It was not Army or USMC. In truth it was a stupid rule. They should have assigned him a driver if they were worried.

Last edited by johnwilliamson062; February 2, 2010 at 09:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.03274 seconds with 8 queries