View Single Post
Old October 31, 2013, 11:52 PM   #1
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Another Friend Has Left This World

Six years ago today, hogdogs joined our community, here at TFL. Not quite a year ago, we asked him to moderate the Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum.

A simple country boy, whose passion for hunting and a life with rifles and shotguns, immediately endeared him to some of us.

Yet his (most often) low-keyed demeanor belied a genuine interest in our community. I'm sure I'm not the only friend he had here. Brent couldn't be prouder bearing the title, "Redneck!" He gave the ephitaph the sort of honor you would never suspect, in todays world.

For those that didn't know, today, Brent lost his battle with cancer. My own life has dimmed, with his passing. Yet I am better for having been counted as his friend.

Brent's dad sent us the following:

Quote:
Brent lost the battle today at 3:12 PM in ICU at Sacred Heart. He had a great doctor and the lead nurse was especially awesome. After a conference this morning, we opted for the doctor's "Most comfortable departure" plan. For what it is worth; that last downhill slide that is a part of an event like this, was rapid, and with great medication, as pleasant as possible for him.

. . .

Brent will be buried where he most wanted to. It is a "Nature Conservancy", properly natural, and by having a cemetery the landowner can keep government from working to take it from him Brent lived across the street from it and often talked of the concept of it, i.e. natural, no embalming, no "forever" caskets, etc. Brent will be buried with his favorite, very old, now departing dog, wrapped in "their" favorite blanket. The plot that I looked at today looked like a great place to just squat and wait for deer.
May you rest in peace, Brent R. Caryl Sr.

Page generated in 0.02965 seconds with 8 queries