View Single Post
Old October 30, 2011, 11:01 PM   #112
riggins_83

I was charged by a stray Doberman a couple years ago at night while going for a walk. I was talking to my wife on the phone and said "**** hang on call you back." The parking lot was huge and the dog was a long ways away (about 250'). I drew what I was carrying at the time (An XD9 I believe) and was about to fire when the dog veered away into the woods. Apparently a human target not showing fear doesn't seem as tasty.

The second time I never saw my target. Was out walking in the woods on a dead silent night. We've had some Bobcat/Cougar issues so I'm always cautious. Heard something crack ground level, I spun around and drew, waiting for eyes to appear. Nothing ever emerged...

People ask why I carry a Glock 30 and why I feel the need to carry 10 rounds of 45. Far as I'm concerned a Glock 30 isn't that much harder to conceal IWB than a similar size (but thinner) 9/40/357. I'd more concerned about stray dogs.

Page generated in 0.03532 seconds with 8 queries