View Single Post
Old April 11, 2009, 04:47 PM   #10
Slivver

JP Sauer Shotgun

Martin,

Regarding the powder/lead shot proof information--I looked on the internet for the recommended Black Powder loading for "Heavy" 12 Ga.--the reco. is for 6.2 grams black powder and 35.5 grams lead shot--so that is close to the proof markings of 5.75 grams powder and 34.5 grams shot (assuming that both are in grams (did/does Germany use grams or drams for powder?)

I can't guess what the circled 9 means.

Don't worry, I won't fire the shotgun until I know it is safe. I am concerned that the 2-9/16 chambers would need to be extended to 2-3/4 to avoid overpressure--I will check with a smith to be sure. If so I will just not fire it.

Regarding the swivel replacement--can you suggest a vendor or a contact in Germany that might provide swivels? If they are common as you said, the only dimension that would be critical is the distance between the holes on the barrel swivel.

I am glad to hear that you are a fellow pocket pistol collector. I do have some Sauers and they are amazing little machines. I have lately gotten interested in very early Walther PP guns--90 degree safety, 2 piece striker, and so forth. Walther made lots of small changes to the PP and PPK in the first few years and the variations are very interesting.

Regards,

Slivver

Page generated in 0.09764 seconds with 8 queries