View Single Post
Old February 6, 2006, 04:43 PM   #51
Bo Hunter

Quote:
Please, for all our sakes, if you are going into it with THAT attitude, pick another profession. US citizens do not have do be unarmed, defenseless, and grab their ankles because you are a cop. Remember grasshopper, wether we are armed or not, we are UPSTANDING, LAW ABIDING, CITIZENS. You have nothing to fear from us.
I don't think he said anything about fearing a LAW ABIDING CITIZEN with a Taser...

But, if you think he's being to "Orwellian" to think of it that way, think of it from the perspective as a defensive CCW....

In a sense, its true. While I don't agree that Tasers should be limited to LEO only, how do you regulate it? Are they considered a concealed weapon, howe about a deadly weapon? I mean think about it - if a criminal can get one without any trouble (albiet, its probably still harder and more expensive to get than a stolen gun), it would be a pretty useful tool in breaking the law.

Zap a cop, security guard, civilian you intend to rob - then do as you wish. While I realize the weapon itself is not deadly, but its debilitating effects could be very useful for a criminal. Surprise car jackings are a snap. Zap - wait for them to stop flopping - order the key's or you'll zap again - OR whack them over the head with something. Want to rob an armor truck? Two guys with Tazers set on 30 seconds could get the job done fairly easily with nary a hitch I would imagine.

Imagine being a CCW citizen, and approached by a guy with a Tazer who intends to rob you. What do you do? You aren't going to have time to draw on a tazer, while you might on a regular firearm. You are gonna go down like a wet dishrag and there isn't a thing you can do about it - whereas being shot in the gut by a .32 might allow you to get some defensive shots off. Adrenaline, guns and martial arts will do nothing for you against a Taser. You are essentially at the mercy of the battery life. Hopefully then, it isn't too late. Or, if you do shoot, is it justified? Would it be considered a good shoot? I mean, he was just going to tase you and take your wallet...

I'm all for freedom's, but just make sure how things are worded. Imagine being convicted of homocide, instead of being appluaded for being an armed citizen protecting your rights because your attacker had a "less than lethal" weapon.... Of course, you could always lie and say you thought it was a gun, but thats not something good law abiding citizens do...

Page generated in 0.02645 seconds with 8 queries