View Single Post
Old July 12, 2012, 10:08 AM   #51
Youngshooter

Before I get into more than I bargained for I'll start with a disclaimer that I am absolutely no expert on the issue, but have done a bit of experimentation on an issue much similar to this one. My modeled simulator I used first in a Wildlife ecology lab which was dumbed down for the "non-interested" to understand, using only the variables of: growing season of natural vegetation, wolves, and moose. Long story short, I got my hands on a more complex model from a bit of sweet talking, in which I included: wolves, natural vegetation, open grazing used by farmers, natural wildlife, and farm raised open grazing animals. A mere sample of what is seen in the subject of the thread. What I found through many run throughs including various subject sizes and growing season lengths was an eventual widespread wolf population growth at the cost of resources that are much more valuable to the people investing in them. As stated before, I am NO expert on the issue, but wildlife ecologists are using models similar to the one I used(obviously much more complex) but along comparable scenarios and variables. As someone who deals with property damage along with occasional animal harm from hogs, I know how this can several damage a farmer or ranchers way of life, and with wolves, their safety. I question the idea of reintroduction, but I'm just a kid using some tools.
Have a nice day y'all!

Page generated in 0.03548 seconds with 8 queries