View Single Post
Old June 23, 2013, 04:26 PM   #23
Chowder

Got too busy this weekend playing with my new smoker to get out to the range this weekend, but I had fun spending way too much at the butcher shop .

Quote:
one thing i can recommend to help with distance shooting is this

-take a small brush and a bright colored model paint, i used yellow.

-apply a bit to tip of front sight
Painting the front sight on my model 18 S&W made a big difference, I have a few different color model paints I can bring with me on my next trip. I am colorblind so white usually works best for me but I was thinking of trying out blue to see how that worked.

Quote:
I would recommend cleaning it repeatedly as cosmoline can be stock in some places and can cause loss of accuracy if its accumulated in barrel. if using the surplus russian ammo, ram a boresnake, or rod with Windex or hopps corrosive ammo neutralizer, Windex is easy to get so i recommend this, it will neutralize the acidic buildup and allow for quick cleaning of the barrel
Windex is what I brought with me last time and a bore snake. I gave it a quick swipe after ever 20 minutes or so, and when I was done. I never heard of Hoppes corrosive ammo neutralizer I might have to keep an eye open for that, thanks!

Quote:
the mosins safety system is pulling the rear of the bolt back while in firing position, turn to the left and lock onto the metal plate there, this can be difficult, i would recommend the brass stacker pull ring which mount onto it and allows an easier use of the safety, just a clamp with a ring.
I don't have too much trouble with the safety but if I ever decide to take this on a hunt or anything I will have to consider this. As of now It is just kicks at the range so I don't really use the safety at all.

Page generated in 0.03156 seconds with 8 queries