View Single Post
Old February 21, 2011, 02:32 AM   #1
adrenalinejunkie

Want to build my first AR-15

Hey everyone. So i'm new to the forum and am hoping to build an AR-15 in the near future. Only problem is that i'm a little tight on cash, so i'm hoping to build a relatively inexpensive one that is still of good quality and accuracy. I found some other forum threads through google from 2006 where people were building entry level AR's for around $500 or $600 for a complete rifle. I know prices have gone up but if I could get one close to this that'd be great. I live in CA, so i'll also have a more restricted list of what manufacturers i'm allowed to buy from. I was wondering what would be the most inexpensive way to go about doing this, either:

buying a kit and then the lower

buying a fully assembled upper and lower and putting them together

buying everything disassembled and building it all

Whichever is less expensive, what are some good brands that offer some decent quality stuff for an entry level AR-15 at good prices. I'm not looking for a 600yd tack driver or anything, but i still want something that will be accurate to about 200 yds.

I've heard some stuff about Model 1, both good and bad. Some say that they make great stuff at low prices, but some also say that they have horrible customer service and sell some faulty stuff. I was also looking into some Rock River Arms kits and uppers. heard great things about them. I was also looking at Stag, which seems to also be another reputable brand.

So just to reiterate, which method would be the cheapest, and what manufacturer sells cheaper but still decent quality AR stuff that's CA legal?

Thanks a lot guys and I look forward to getting to use this forum more.

Page generated in 0.03344 seconds with 8 queries