View Single Post
Old August 20, 2011, 04:40 PM   #36
45Gunner

There are still a ship load of cheap guns out there but I truly subscribe to the theory that you get what you pay for. For those of us that have been around for a few years, remember when you could buy a 1000 round case of quality .45 ACP ammo for around $150? The cost of everything from guns to butter (Paul Samuelson, Economics 101) has risen due to supply and demand, and from the cost of manufacturing and associated costs such as insurance, law suits, labor, raw materials, state of the art production machinery, etc. Back in those days, it was nearly impossible to get a concealed carry permit. Now, most everywhere it is relatively easy to obtain with very little exception.

I bought my first brand new car in 1971. It was a hot muscle car convertible with an engine bigger than most of the airplanes I was flying and did so for the princely sum of $3000. That same car today would be more than 15 times that cost, if not more.

I paid around $300 for my first Colt 1911. What does that gun cost today? It's worth it at $300 but when do you say enough is enough?
NRA Life Member

Page generated in 0.03346 seconds with 8 queries