View Single Post
Old February 3, 2013, 04:14 PM   #11
egraypitt

Feeling Stupid About Questions On S&W Model 10!

All your posts were fantastic. I'm not a gun novice but certainly not an expert like you fellows. I had identified my S&W .38 SPL as a Model 10 by matching it to a picture. I assumed the Model would be on the exterior of the gun, but after reading your posts I popped open the cylinder and gazamm, there is was...Mod 36. The cylinder support was stamped with the number 69982. When I looked it up, it was referred to as a "square butt" .38 SPL.
The number 451227, which I gave in my original post, was stamped on this square butt. After examining the number with a magnifying glass, it's possible there is a dash between the 5 & 1 (45-1227). Talking about butt's, I kind of feel like one now. So with this new and correct Model number and additional 6 numbers, I still have the same requests. I would like to have a manual for this gun and the date of manufacture. I apologize for causing all the trouble and will try and be more thorough in the future. Thank you all very much for you good info on bad information.

Page generated in 0.02436 seconds with 8 queries