View Single Post
Old March 17, 2014, 06:02 PM   #16
P-990

If you go into the gun shop on a day that starts with an S, pick the Ruger. If it's a day that starts with T, pick the Glock. The M-W-F days, flip a coin.

My experience: a properly running 9mm Glock is as dependable as a DA revolver. No question in my mind at all. My well-worn Glock 17 is less picky than either of my S&W .357s. A little gritty from unburned powder? The G-pistol will work, the revolver may not go back into battery after the reload. Sloppy with ejecting the empties out of the cylinder on the revolver? Uh-oh, you might get a rim under the extractor, have fun with clearing that. Tuned and oh-so buttery smooth DA trigger? Best check to make sure it will light off your ammo of choice. (This applies to any tuned action, FYI, I'm not specifically picking on my 586 that is a bit snobby about what I feed it.)

A Glock? Add ammo, shoot, reload, shoot, reload, shoot, reload, shoot, reload, shoot. At some point it gets too dirty to touch so you clean it and keep doing it.

If I may ask, which one is closer to what you currently shoot and practice with? Because if you're only going to shoot 50-100 rounds a year through it, you're not going to be familiar with using it. This especially with a 5-shot revolver, you'll want to be competent reloading with speedloaders in case you need it.

Page generated in 0.03344 seconds with 8 queries