View Single Post
Old June 13, 2013, 12:56 PM   #23
SgtLumpy

Quote:
As far as using my .357 revolver as a concealed carry weapon, I understand that it isn't the best choice for concealed carry...
I carry a 4" Model 66 all the time. Nice and rounded. Carries great concealed or open. I'm looking for a Model 65, same 4", to make it just a tad bit simpler to carry open. The square edges of the rear target sights seem to want to snag the inside of my forearm. Not a problem as a duty carry weapon for cops, but with the typical close in, very high ride holster, gets a little annoying once in a while.

Quote:
sometimes I feel like I'm in an exceptionally safe town
You're not, no matter where you are. Lots of people get attacked/killed in towns and places that would "seem exceptionally safe".

Once you start carrying all the time, I think you'll find out that most people don't really know you are. You'll also likely develop (I hope) a little different situational awareness when it comes to people hugging you and touching your weapon.

Be safe. Enjoy the honor of carrying and the heightened responsibility that comes with it. YOU may someday save the life of one of your friends that don't carry.

Sgt Lumpy

Page generated in 0.02546 seconds with 8 queries