View Single Post
Old December 11, 2001, 08:59 AM   #1
ScottsGT

What am I doing wrong??? Kind long

OK, I'm new to hunting. This is only my second season out in the woods. I even started late last year. But man, I have bought the gear. Neat hunting cammo, a really nice .308 Enfield I built myself,sporterized of course with a synthetic stocks, best boots I could afford. I even bought an ATV at a bargain price. But I've yet to see any bucks. I'm hunting in the southeast (SC) rural area, on a 145 acre tract of land that is surrounded by other hunting properties. Now we have been in a serious drought this fall, and we finally got an inch of rain last night, and I'm planning on my white tail assault this Sat. evening. I'm as quiet as I can be, sitting in a perminant stand built out of plywood on top of 4X4 posts about 12 feet in the air. It is a box I'm in, so I cannot be seen except my shoulders and head. I sometimes even use a climbing stand, as I plan on this Sat. Out hunting times are usually a morning hunt, or we get out there about an hour before sunset, and leave when it's dark. Any pointers you could give me would be appreciated. Also, I try not to use any deodorant, and do not shave and use aftershave before going out. I know it's not all me, because the processing plant down the road told us that he has seen a small ammount of bucks coming in this year, and he believs that the rut has yet to kick in since it has been unseasonably warm and dry.

Page generated in 0.02588 seconds with 8 queries