View Single Post
Old February 10, 2000, 06:00 PM   #10
Bill in NM

Mal,
First of all, thank you for the ideas and information. I will pass along the 1.120 OAL spec to him. This may be the problem, as it looks like he's 0.015 over spec.
For the record, same brother also had some 200gr lead bullets loaded with 4.5gr of W231 (per Winchester loading guide, min is 4.2gr, max is 5.5gr)that showed same primer flattening. This is the only indication of possible overpressure. I really don't think that there is an overpressure problem, but I've only been reloading for about a year and I'm not about to tell ANYONE that "a flattened primer is OK, just go ahead and load 'er up". That's why I'm here trying to get information. That's also why I brought home a box of his Federal primers to test in my known good load. Unfortunately, I don't have a .40S&W gun, so I'll have to test them in my 9mm, which may or may not tell us anything. I'll post report on the primer swap when I have any info.
Thanks again for all the help. I'm always willing and eager to listen to someone elses ideas/suggestions.

[This message has been edited by Bill in NM (edited February 10, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.02031 seconds with 8 queries