View Single Post
Old March 31, 2013, 11:49 AM   #4
F. Guffey

Quote:

COAL(gun) is measured:
Overall is one word, run overall through spell check. Then it becoms OAL, after getting used to using OAL, decide if there should be the word ‘maximum’ added to the term OAL as in maximum OAL, or minimum OAL.

One of the most boring conversation I can get involved with starts when someone says or starts the conversation with, “Repeat after me.....”. Then there is “SAAMI says....”. SAAMI does not list head space on the cartridge, SAAMI list head space of the chamber, the case length is listed from the mouth of the case to the head of the case and from the shoulder/datum back to the head of the case, the case has ‘CASE LENGTH’, but the ‘repeat after me’ claims the case has head space.

Then there is the difference between ‘head space’ and case length when measured from all the usual places, there has to be a plus side and minimum (-) side. In the perfect world when COL is measured the difference between the two measurements (lengths) is not included, MEANING! the measurement is not absolute because the bolt in laying on the bench beneath the rifle as illustrated by the picture. Then there would be the suggestion ‘measure the length of the chamber first’ most fire to form, then there are the few that form first then fire.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02916 seconds with 8 queries