View Single Post
Old November 4, 1998, 11:03 AM   #6
Kodiac

I dont think politicians should be granted these positions. We vote on who runs. the people who run are self promoting opportunists...
Elected leaders should be LEADERS.
Have the Electoral College - or some other commity select candidates from the comunity and the comunity votes for the best person... With the board providing facts sheets on why each candidates was selected... and we vote on merit... not rhetoric.
Just a thought...
That concept would have a lot of details to work out.
I am not a big fan of representative democracy any ways... If we want democracy - Why not DIRECT democracy? Seen the CNN Poles? Why not a direct voting by means of the internet and call-in ballots? There would be some technical details to work out - but it is doable... If we can get John Glenn up into orbit twice... we can do democracy DIRECTLY and do away with all these special interest groups and lobbyists. If they want the message heard they can run an add. Not subvert the officals and buy votes.
Yes, my suggestion would have some problems - but it would cut out all the corruption - and do away with Jerrymandering districts and all the other bull[color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] that goes on... all this stuff makes me Ill.

Page generated in 0.02304 seconds with 8 queries