View Single Post
Old November 28, 2009, 11:20 AM   #1
Normb263

I now know what a "sniper rifle" can do

I went to the wrong forum the first time with this. Went to the range with 5 friends who love to shoot. We made lots of brass for reloading. One younger friend who is Army sniper trained brought along his 2 older .308's with all the heavy barrels in highpower scopes. He let me shoot them before and I did just fine with a little coaching. This time he brought a newly built 300 Win Mag, Savage 110 ( don't quote me on that one) with a Mcmillan stock and Bushnell 6500 in6-24 power, He dialed it in at 550 yds.,the burm on the end of the range. An amazing piece of weaponry. He's a cut above the rest of us but all five of us shot it at pieces of clay pigeon on th bank at 550 and were consistently making them diappear. Now I have an idea about what a siper rifle can do! I don't care what that costs I feel a need that consumes me. Gunlust of the first order. What would look at or own in the way of a 500 Yd plus gun that doesn't require 3 men and a boy to carry arround but would be used primarily shooting paper? Thanks a bunch for you responses in advances

Page generated in 0.03045 seconds with 8 queries