View Single Post
Old January 2, 2013, 11:03 PM   #177
coachteet

Yeah, you can't give an inch to the anti-gun campaign. Logic truly doesn't enter into the picture when these people come out to protest. The tragedy in Connecticut is an example of how gun restrictions do not prevent crime. The Brady Campaign ranks Connecticut as having the 5th toughest gun control in the nation. And they did nothing to stop this maniac. I would argue that the strongest firearm restrictions imagineable would not be nearly as effective at saving lives in a school shooting as a few teachers carrying concealed firearms. But you wont be able to sell the idea to anti-gun people-- trust me, I've tried.

The simple fact is that a person who is simply "anti-gun" is not operating logically, but emotionally. Firearms frighten them. Therefore, we need to pass laws that will eventually uninvent firearms altogether and also eliminate the desire of humans to do harm to other humans. These people exist in a fantasy. When you allow them to restrict firearm ownership, the failure of these new restrictions to reduce gun violence only proves to them that further restrictions are necessary.

Page generated in 0.02439 seconds with 8 queries