View Single Post
Old October 27, 2013, 03:23 AM   #12
AZAK

Location: the object towards which the action of the sea is directed
Thanks to all for sharing your experiences and thoughts! A wealth of information can be found here.

I ended up getting a 1-10 Tikka T3 lite in .223. According to their website they now only offer 1-8 (and still possibly 1-12?) Since I really like my Tikka in 30-06 I figured why not. I will load for the 1-10 and see what I see.

The beauty of stepping up in small increments is that if I still want to go heavier, a new reason for a new rifle in the future! This particular rifle will be more for walking around and for the fun of it type of rifle. (In a way a "trainer/lighter chambering rifle for/than the 30-06.) Generally carry something much larger than a .223 when out and about here/Alaska.

A large part of my decision was considering the 40 grainers. I like shooting the little ones fast and accurately; and don't want to lose that ability.

And regarding 1-9 Savages, I have had Savage with and without the Accutrigger. Just really not a fan of either. To my finger the Tikka trigger is soooo much better out of the box. And I just like the balance and the way that a Tikka shoulders.

But as always:
YMMV

Now, go figure...

Page generated in 0.02189 seconds with 8 queries