View Single Post
Old June 14, 2013, 03:30 PM   #4
David Bachelder

"Powder dispenser will not adjust the powder charge on either the gauge screw or the hex connected to it and also the black circle has play side to side any help on that."
Call RCBS they will help you if cleaning it up doesn't solve the problem. They will also send any new parts if needed. RCBS has a lifetime warranty, you paid for it use it.

"We can get the rcbs chargemaster for 290$ and I think we should get it for safety and accuracy for 300 win loads."
Agree, be sure to print out the RCBS rebate form, you can get $50.00 back. Also get the barcode off the box the kit came in. You can send it in with the rebate form if needed.

"Should we get a stainless tumbler for cleaning brass I know the entail start up is expensive but believe the brass gets cleaner faster and the pins last for ever."
I use a Lymon tumbler, but the owners of wet pin systems sure do brag a lot. They must be nice.

"We well for the moment be reloading our own once fired brass to reload do we need a case trimmer?"
For the rifle brass, yes. I have never trimmed straight wall pistol brass, but some folks do.

Speer bullets? I really don't know much about them. I like Hornady a lot.

"Any thing else we need?"
That list goes on forever. Get a case reamer/deburring tool, caliper (I personally prefer digital), reloading trays ........ you know, all the cool stuff.

I suggest you get some Hornady LNL bushings and the adapter (assuming your RockChucker has the 1 1/4 X 7/8" bushing in the top of it and most do. Remove and save the bushing, insert the Hornady LNL Press adapter, load all your dies into the LNL bushings and after the dies are set you wont have to fool with them again. The LNL system works great on the RockChucker.

I also suggest you buy RCBS dies. In my opinion they are superior to most other brands and the RCBS customer service is legendary.

Page generated in 0.03723 seconds with 8 queries