View Single Post
Old August 16, 2011, 08:13 AM   #1
longfellow

45 acp revolver for targets

I found, tucked away, not yet even in their display case, a Smith and Wesson 25-13 45 acp with 6 inch barrel.
I am currently scouting for (I thought) a 1911 platform for doing a bit of informal target shooting - just to provide myself with a personal challenge - competition is not out of the question but I am not too concerned right now with compliance with Bullseye (the likely course of fire that I will follow) rules. This should not be interpreted as lack of concern for a truly accurate (either now or later with a but of gunsmithing work) weapon.
So I am just wondering, again, disregarding the advantages of an auto for the rapid fire stage, what the competitive centerfire (again, primarily speaking to current and former Bullseye shooters) community thinks of this model with regard to some of the common considerations;
*** capability to sustain high volume shooting
*** accuracy level of base platform
*** capability for tuning (accurizing) as well as tightening when thinks loosen up.
It is being considered because (1) I do not have to be considerate of any competitive rules, (2) sights are already great, (3) comfortable feel of many of the popular N-Frame grips out there, and (4) i just think its reputation warrants putting it on my list of candidates. BTW I already have K22's and K38's which are also fantastic. Your input specifically on this model for this application and whether or not I would be better served sticking to the original plan of finding a good, used Gold Cup in 45 acp or 38 Super, is appreciated.

Thanks everyone,
Ed

Last edited by longfellow; August 16, 2011 at 01:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.06473 seconds with 8 queries